- Maple - Rapid increase in brood production – Begins in late Feb/early March and lasts several weeks as different varieties bloom at slightly different times. Weather is often fair enough for inspections during the maple bloom, and hive conditions may indicate that it is time to reverse brood chambers.
- Dandelion - time to begin adding supers, reversing brood boxes, and other swarming counter-measures – late March/Early April. Swarm issue begins about 3 weeks later.
- Apple - Start of swarms issuing – Early/Mid April
- Poplar, Black Locust - Main nectar flows in mid TN – May
- Fireworks - Time to harvest honey – July
- Goldenrod - Begin getting colonies ready for winter – September
Dates are approximate and weather dependant – and of course bees don’t read calendars.